I woke up at 5a to her grunts and little almost-cries, got up to change and nurse her, and felt a draft. whoa! there was a huge wet spot on the front of my nightshirt. I'd forgotten to wear my nursing pads to bed, and was leaking all over the place. now, I haven't had a big problem with that, just every so often, so I went in to change her and was all, 'what's that on my foot? oh, milk is dripping ON MY FOOT'... and squirting onto the changing table, and the baby. what the-?! I got her fed and put back to bed, and got to pumping. over 4 ounces after she ate! cuh-razy. I honestly didn't anticipate that it would be such a process, breastfeeding. I mean, I knew there was some working out to be done, but I think I thought your milk would come in and there would just be a lot of it, or your supply would grow really quickly and that was that. here I am 8 weeks in and I'm just now experiencing this terrific overflow and understanding what some people are talking about in these books I've read.
and since I was up (and dry - I did change my shirt), I did the dishes. :)
have a good one, all!
-m.y.
3 comments:
I hate that!! Every morning I wake up soaked...even with nursing pads and several feedings in the night. Gross.
I love these glimpses into what it's really like being a mom :)
And I love how much toplessness we have going on these days. Seriously, it's like a French beach up in here.
Post a Comment